The chamber is forming to serve the interest of the local business community, our members. The Chamber’s mission encompasses four primary areas of focus, including:
- Helping local businesses prosper and grow
- Facilitating communications and providing a collective resource to serve the community
- Encouraging orderly expansion and development of all segments of the community, with a focus on protecting existing local business interests and community character
- Contributing to the overall economic stability and success of the community.
The Leadership Team
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors leads the overall direction of the Chamber.
- Jesse Coppel – President
- Owner of Johnstown Title
- Tiffany Hollis – Secretary
- Owner of Dashing Diner/Gather
- Leigh Merriman – Treasurer
- Owner of Merriman & Company Real Estate Group
- Sean Staneart
- City of Johnstown
Our committees serve specific functions within the Chamber.
- Government Affairs Committee – The mission of the Government Affairs Committee is to represent the interests of the local business community in local, state, and federal legislative issues. The committee will monitor important issues and to help communicate and educate members, the community, and elected officials. The committee also develops relationships with public officials to ensure business input and representation at all levels of government.
- Nomination Committee – The Nomination Committee vets, reviews, and nominates potential Board of Trustee members nominations, recipients of all Annual Chamber Awards, and other external community awards.
- Events Committee –The Events Committee plans and executes all major Chamber events and other community events in which the Chamber of Commerce participates.
- Programming Committee – The role of the Programming Committee is to develop and evaluate chamber programming to align with the interests and needs of the membership. Programming committee will develop and recommend new programming ideas, recommend speakers, training and other membership services that provide value for the membership.
- Membership Engagement Committee – The Membership Engagement Committee will work closely with new and current members to assess areas of interest and facilitate active engagement with the Chamber. The Membership Engagement Committee will lead New Member Orientation classes and assist with membership communications, including the Chamber Newsletter and online content.
- Community Engagement Committee – The Community Partnership Committee will work within the local community to develop partnerships and opportunities to work together to provide valuable experiences for our membership and the community at large.
- Chamber Ambassadors Program